Too often we don’t take the time we need in order to truly understand what our spouse is feeling and thinking. When I want to talk things over I will talk at my husband but never give him the opportunity to help me. It is important that we do what we can to allow our spouses to help us.
My dad once told me that after you get married you become mind reader… I don’t think that my dad was telling the truth because I have been married for over a year and I am still not a mind reader.
Instead I have come to understand the exact opposite. I was talking with my bishop one Sunday afternoon and he said to my husband and I, if you want your spouse to do something ask, if you need them to listen, tell them you would like their attention. People are not mind readers.
IN all the time my husband and I have been together I have learned if you need something ask, don’t drop hints that you want the dishes done, ask if he would be able to do them. We al would like for our spouses to take initiative and just do things but that is not how the real world works. We need to be understanding and simply just ask. Then maybe as they do the dishes you talk to them and ask them how they are feeling and if they want to talk. More often than not there is something in their life that is bothering them and they just want someone to listen.
Take the time, make it a goal to spend one on one time with your spouse. Show them that you love them and show them that you care because they are worth your time, and they are definitely worth your love.
No comments:
Post a Comment