Saturday, January 21, 2017

Threats to Marriage

I mean no ill will, but these are my thoughts.  I would love to hear your thoughts and questions in the comments. 
President Howard W. Hunter said,” If our lives and our faith are centered upon Jesus Christ and his restored gospel, nothing can ever go permanently wrong… If our lives are not centered on the Savior and his teachings, no other success can ever be permanently right.”
In all the ways that marriage is being threatened have we stopped to consider that man’s way is not Gods way and that we might be making the wrong choices?
In recent years with the legalization of same sex marriage the church has had to make some changes for children that are raised in families with parents of the same gender.  In my opinion I do not think that people considered what the children of same sex couples would have to go through being raised by two people of the same gender.  I personally do not feel that it is okay for a child to not be born into a family with 1 mother and 1 father.
Russel M. Nelson said,” One of the more demanding opportunities of our time is to stand up for the truth regarding the sacred nature of marriage.”
The scriptures say that marriage is to be between a man and a woman.  I have not seen a new book of scripture come out that says otherwise.  In many ways, I understand why so many people are for marriage to those of the same gender.  But I would like to understand why they feel that way.  I know people say that same gender couples should be allowed to marry because they love each other, but other than that what else can their marriage bring into this world?
When I say, this I do not mean to be harsh or belittle what others think or feel.  I would honestly like to know what their thought process is other than love.  However, if I am to ask that question of someone else I think it only fair that I share my thoughts on why I feel marriage between a man and a woman is more than love.   
First, a man and a woman can have children, they can bring a physical family into the world and continue to populate the earth.  Second, because of the difference in nature between a man and a woman a child can gain both the nurturing from a mother, and the strong leadership of a father.  Lastly, a marriage between a man and a woman can be done within the holy walls of the temple sealing both the spouses to one another and the children to their parents allowing for their marriage to be eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment